So, you’ve done Florence, Venice, Rome. You’ve even knocked off a few heavy Tuscan hits, Siena, San Gimingnano and Cortona. But have you been to Arezzo? Or even heard of it?
Here’s six good reasons to go there:
- It’s on the major train line between Florence and Rome, so it’s a cinch to get to.
- It’s not given over to tourism – Italian is the main language in the streets!
- Art. It’s full of it. And no queues!
- It has one of Italy’s best antique markets every month
- Stunning views of the Tuscan countryside from the top of the hill.
- The people are nicer than Florentines!
Not convinced? Take a look below.